Monday, January 27, 2014

2014!

With the start of 2014 it is so fun to look back on 2013 and also to feel excited about a brand new year ahead! We had an incredible year last year with our trip to Costa Rica and Nicaragua, running a half marathon together, 3 family reunions (Utah, California and Texas), hiking a freakin' huge mountain with Oliver in the hiking pack, celebrating Oliver's 1st Birthday, buying a sailboat and sailing all summer long, visiting Maine and the Atlantic Ocean (my first time), renting a cabin in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan with some friends, and spending our first Christmas alone together here in Michigan! Whew... it has been a whirlwind!

Austin and I are just so happy with our lives here in Michigan, our relationship, our little family, etc. Life just couldn't be better. And, the only way all of this has been possible is because of Heavenly Father. He has blessed us so much! Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve half of what he gives me and my family. I am so grateful for the happiness and pure joy I feel and I know it is all because of Him. 

So, as this new year is beginning I have set a few reasonable goals:

  • Read the entire Book of Mormon again from the beginning
  • Run a full marathon (I signed up for one in May)
  • Attend the temple at least once a month (this has been really hard since the Detroit temple is almost an hour away and finding a babysitter for 4ish hours is difficult)
  • Do something crazy like skydiving 

I try not to set too many goals because then I will feel overwhelmed. I have a few spiritual goals, a physical goal and just a fun, personal goal. I am determined to do all of these!!! So, by Christmas of 2014 these had better be completed or you have my permission to scold me...


Snowshoeing  on New Year's Day



No comments:

Post a Comment