Sunday, January 2, 2011

David Wayne Whitney, Jr.


My brother, David, passed away on November 17, 2010 in a plane crash. He was studying aviation at UVU and while flying with his flight instructor, Jamie Bennee, something went wrong and they crashed. Both he and his instructor were killed.

It has been the most difficult month of my life. With so many new emotions that I am facing, I can't really say how I am right now. Sometimes I feel great and so blessed with angels around me to help me stay strong. Other times, I am on the downslope of a massive roller coaster.
Today is a good day. I know everything is going to be ok. I miss David like crazy, but, I know he isn't very far away.

David was the most amazing brother any girl could ask for. He and my brother Spencer (who passed away in 1995) are my only brothers. My 4 sisters, my parents, and I miss them both so much.

David was one of those super-smiley guys that brightened up your day just from his happy and uplifting countenance. He was an Eagle Scout, served a full-time mission in Monterey, Mexico, and was married in the Salt Lake City Temple to his beautiful love, Angie.


It's hard living in Provo without him. He's been here since my first day at BYU. Everything reminds me of him. He used to come over all the time, go to all my concerts and shows, come to all my lame parties, etc. He was so loving and supportive.

My family will always feel a hole where David should be. But, we will always look forward to seeing him again and living all together forever. Thank you to everyone for your love and your prayers. We will never forget your kindness.


No comments:

Post a Comment