Friday, February 24, 2012

So Happy Together

As cheesy and typical as this may sound, Austin and I don't need Valentines Day. I've never loved the holiday nor have I hated it. It's just one of those days that I think, "what could I do for Aust that we don't already do for eachother?".  Every day of the year is a chance to show love. Every day of the year should be special and meaningful (ok, maybe not every day is like that since no one is perfect). But, you get the idea. 

So, for me, Valentines Day is a day for me to make delicious treats, call my family members to say "I love you" to each of them, and watch a chick flick with Austin (which he won't normally do except for this day of the year. haha). 

This year I did just that. My sister-in-law, Angie, came over and we made red velvet whoopie cookies in the shapes of hearts, Austin bought me a beautiful flower and surprised me at work with it and some chocolates, and then he made me favorite Thai dish, Massaman Curry and we finished the night off with my favorite chick flick "Return to Me". It was a pretty great day. :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment