Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Oliver is 9 Months!


I can't believe our little man is already 9 months old. He thinks he's a lot older than that, though. He doesn't want me to kiss him or snuggle him, he only wants to stand by himself, he wants to walk (with me holding his hands) and not be carried, and he prefers to feed himself as much as he can. haha. What a little cutie. He also loves to roll all around the house. If he sees something across the room he'll roll over to get it. It's really entertaining. haha. Also, he isn't shy about staring people right in the eyes and holding their gaze for a very long time. He could beat anyone in a staring contest! 

Every day he looks more like a little boy and less like a baby which makes me sad in some ways because I'll miss my sweet, angelic little newborn. But, in other ways I can't wait for him to keep growing. I can't wait to explore the woods with him, help him find bird nests, catch bugs, play in the mud and all that good stuff that comes with being a little boy. 

I've been super lucky with this kid. He still sleeps all night long (every night since he was like 2 months old), he takes 2 really long naps every day, he isn't picky... he'll eat just about anything even what we eat for dinner (Austin fed him hummus and beef schwarma the other day and he loved it!), and he hardly whines or fusses. If he does whine I just take him outside for some fresh air and he's cured. Being outside fixes everything for him. If it's been a hard day all I have to do is take him on a nice long walk, go feed the ducks, or sit next to the lake or river and he's the happiest kid alive. I love that about him.

Anyway, I'm happy. I'm happy to be his Mama. I'm SO happy that I am blessed to take care of such a cool and handsome little guy. And, I'm happy that he is happy. That's all that really matters to me now.





2 comments:

  1. Camilla, I finally got to your blog. It is wonderful! Your writing style brings you so much closer. I almost feel like I am there sharing your adventures. And I am sure I will be able to weld my grandmotherly connection to Ollie. Between this blog and talking to your sweet mom, I can just watch him grow. All his pictures show his precious personality..I can hardly wait to get him on my lap. Remember we love all of you very very much.

    ReplyDelete