Thursday, January 1, 2015

Welcoming 2015!

Oh, 2014! You have been quite the year! So many travels and life changing surprises definitely made for a crazy year. Just a quick 2014 recap for you:

Austin traveled to New Zealand 3 times this year. We went on a really cool cross country skiing trip in Northern Michigan with some really good friends in the winter. We found out (much to our surprise and disbelief) that I was pregnant early in the summer. That was a huge shock! We ran a marathon a week later (I was about 9 weeks pregnant). We lived in a 1 room cabin in the mountains in Wyoming for 2 months this summer while Austin taught Field Camp for the University of Michigan. We took a really cool family trip to New Zealand in the Fall. Austin worked at a drill site in New Zealand for 6 weeks at the very end of the year. 

I think that about sums up our year! Crazy and really fun!

Last year I set 4 simple New Year resolutions: 1. Read the entire Book of Mormon from start to finish, 2. Attend the temple once a month, 3. Run a full marathon, 4. Do something crazy.

I accomplished #1 and just barely finished the Book of Mormon in the knick of time. It was a really great experience to read it all the way through again. I have done this lots of times before but this time was really memorable.

#2.... haha. Well, let's just say that we tried to attend the temple every month. We did pretty good the first half of the year. But, the second half of the year we spent mostly apart since Austin was traveling so much.

#3 was to run a full marathon and I am SO SO SO happy to say that I DID IT!!! Austin has run a full marathon before so he was an amazing running partner. He was so encouraging and strong and really helped keep my going during the race. The last 10 miles were really easy for me and Austin started losing stamina so I was able to encourage him and keep him going. It was really cool! We had such a great experience running it together. And, we didn't walk once... I was really happy about that. We ran the entire marathon in just over 4 hours.

When I set #4 I was planning on a sky diving trip or something really cool like that! But, getting pregnant sort of took that off the table... haha. So, I guess hiking and camping in New Zealand for 10 days while 6 1/2 months pregnant could constitute as "crazy" to some people, right? I'm gonna go ahead and count that. :)

Anyway, this was an incredible year for our little family and we look forward to everything that 2015 has to offer!

My 2015 New Year resolutions are:
  • Run a half marathon before the baby is 6 months old (maybe run 2 half marathons this year)
  • Read the entire New Testament
  • Write a new song every month
I try to set one physical, one spiritual and one personal goal each year. And, now that they are set and published on the internet, I guess I have no choice but to complete them! Wish me luck this year! And, good luck to you all this coming year. God bless!




No comments:

Post a Comment