Saturday, November 17, 2012

David Day



Exactly two years ago today David passed away in a plane crash. I still can't believe he's not here with us. I still dream about him all the time. It's almost like he's trying to tell me that he'll always be a part of our lives even if he's not here physically. I know that's true. But, I still miss him like crazy. 

I use to hate it when people said, "time will heal", "the pain will go away", etc. But, now I truly understand.  The pain doesn't disappear but it just fades over time. Now I can think about David without feeling miserable. I can actually remember all the good times we had and all the funny memories of him. 

I was going through a bunch of old pictures and decided to post a few on here in remembrance of him.  The first picture is in 2007 because that's when David came home from his mission and when he and I became close. I was about to graduate from High School and then that summer we went off to BYU together. From 2007 until the day he died in 2010 we were really good friends. It was so nice to have those few years where I got to know him so well. All those memories mean so much to me.

A few of my favorite memories of David:

  • Hiking squaw peak during my first week at BYU.
  • Going to the BYU homecoming dance together.
  • One time David and I were on a walk and he stopped at an ATM, pulled out some cash and made me take it because he heard from someone that I was short on money that month and was living off of yogurt. 
  • Right after a nasty break-up I was out on a run and stopped by his apartment crying. We sat on a small hill outside and he put his arm around me and just let me cry. For the next few weeks after that he was constantly calling to check up on me, taking me to lunch, etc. 
  • On one of David's first flights he let me wait in the landing area with a radio so I could hear what was going on in the air above me and watch him take off and land the plane. It was awesome!



February 2007- David arriving home from his mission in Monterrey, Mexico.

My high school graduation- June 2007
Fall semester 2007- Just after having lunch with Grandma and Grandpa Anderson
BYU homecoming dance- fall semester 2008

Visiting Grandma and Grandpa Whitney in St. George, Utah- Summer 2009. This was the last time we saw Grandpa because he died shortly after this visit. Grandma passed away a year later and David passed away a few months after her. I love this picture because it reminds me that David is with them both now.
St. George temple- Summer 2009- this was taken shortly after we'd been apart for 6 months while I was in China. He picked me up from the airport, then we met our whole family in St. George.
Mark Twain riverboat cruise in Hannibal, Missouri- Summer 2009

Nauvoo trip- Summer 2009

David and Angie got married! - December 2009

Family bbq in Oregon- Summer 2010. We made the guys (Austin, David and Josh) act out a disney scene on this stage. haha
November 17, 2010 David's plane crashed and he passed away. 

Standing at the crash site a few days after the accident. 

Our whole family. Together forever. :)

The whole family and I decided that from this year on we are naming this day "David Day" and we're going to do things that remind us of David. This year I'm making his favorite meal... Swedish Meatballs, and watching the new Spiderman movie. haha! Or maybe I'll watch the Simpson's Movie... either way. David will be all over this house of mine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment