Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Hannah and McKaid's Wedding

In May Hannah and McKaid got married! I flew out to Idaho a week early to help with getting ready and prepping food and also making Hannah's wedding cake! I was so honored that they asked me to do it! It was my first time doing a wedding cake so I kept the design really simple and focused on making them really tasty! 

I made chocolate cake with raspberry buttercream, vanilla cake with fresh raspberries and swiss meringue buttercream, lemon cardamom cake with lemon curd and buttercream filling, chocolate cake with mexican spiced chocolate ganache filling and also chocolate cake with salted caramel and swiss meringue buttercream filling. 

It was a lot of work but luckily it all came together in the end! Every single piece of cake was eaten which is a good sign! Also, the bride and groom were SO happy with it, which is really all that matters anyway! 

The wedding was held at the Logan, Utah temple and the reception was at my Dad's institute building in Pocatello. It all turned out really nice and everyone had a great time dancing on the dance floor and eating all the delicious food and taking pictures at the photo booth and what not. I'm so happy for my sweet little sister and her new hubby, McKaid! He is one lucky guy, let me tell you that! 




Calum walking through the mall with Auntie Hannah and Papa

I got to attend Hannah's endowment session at the Brigham City Temple a few days before the wedding. It was so great!

The two love-birds, as happy as can be!

I'm so happy for this little sis of mine!

Hannah learning how I fill the cakes

Lemon cardamom is one of my favorite flavors!

Rissa, Devrey and I decided to try on our old wedding dresses too and get a picture with the new bride in hers! 

It has been almost 7 years since I wore this dress and I'm glad to say it still fits! 

Oliver thought I looked beautiful like a princess in my dress. He was almost embarrassed to see me in it! haha! So cute! 

The cake table just before the reception began

I was very relieved to be done and happy it turned out ok! 

Calum loved seeing Auntie Hannah in her wedding dress!

Austin made the wire cake topper for me! He is so talented!

Sending off the bride and groom to their honeymoon!

Cutting the cake! My Grandpa says this is what tells how successful the marriage will be. I think theirs is going to be great!

My beautiful sister!!

No comments:

Post a Comment